Come Sail With Us in 2018
With our Focused on Sailing programs you will not need a boat; we will have a fleet of club-owned boats and sailing programs designed for you.
The Nyack Boat Club, with its fleet of safe and steady 18’ keel boats, offers a range of sailing programs broad enough for every person, from novice to experienced sailor; casual sailor to active racer. You can have the joy of sailing on the beautiful Hudson River without owning your own boat. We own and maintain the boats for you.
Our programs include:
- Learn to Sail - This program includes classroom sessions followed by on-the-water training sessions. Our Program Director will assign you a boat and a sailing partner for the day. He or she will then escort a small group out for boat-by-boat instruction from a powerboat.
- Advanced Sailing - For those with some sailing experience but who want to further their abilities, this program's emphasisis on skippering, boat handling and racing tactics. Instruction is by the Program Director and/or one of our experienced One Design skippers.
- Family / Casual Sailing - Bring a family member or have the Program Director match skippers and crew and enjoy casual sailing on the Hudson River. Enjoy drinks and dinner available for purchase from the club galley after sailing
- Women’s Sailing - For women who would like to learn to sail, improve their sailing skills, or learn to skipper, our Program Director has put together a comprehensive program to build skills. After sailing participants will gather on the patio for a review of the day's session.
- Spinnaker Racing - Open to racing sailors with boat handling skills and a fundamental understanding of the racing rules of sailing. Multiple short courses to be set by the Wednesday Night Race Committee. Social hour on the patio after racing.
- Non-Spinnaker Racing - Open to skippers and crew who want to learn how to race. Multiple races to be run by the Sunday afternoon Race Committee. Social hour on the patio after racing
We offer an NBC Special Activity Membership (SAM). This special membership will allow you to partake in the club’s Focused on Sailing Programs and/or to reserve a club-owned Ideal 18 for your enjoyment when programs are not scheduled. To insure sufficient sailing opportunities, Special Activity Memberships at NBC are limited.